DC’s reboot was 9 months ago and something that irks me to this day is the kybosh that was placed on Bryan Q. Miller’s run of Stephanie Brown as Batgirl. It was youthful, funny and had so much potential.
It had such appeal for younger female readers. Here’s a relatable girl trying to make it in the hero business. Steph was earnest and headstrong and just plain fun to follow from adventure to adventure. Miller’s Batgirl brought lightness to the otherwise dark and broody. Had it been marketed to girls beyond the bubble of people who already read comics, it could have brought a whole new generation of readers to the table.
If the question was, how can DC open itself up to new markets and initiate people into becoming lifelong comic book readers… Steph could’ve been the answer :)
- vongeek likes this
- stephaniebrownisback reblogged this from myprettyissuper
- stephaniebrownisback likes this
- rangerose reblogged this from myprettyissuper
- flutterratgirl reblogged this from myprettyissuper
- laytonyoumeanie likes this
- theskysfalling likes this
- kimblekn likes this
- rememberthefanta likes this
- itmeansroyalty likes this
- myprettyissuper posted this